Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Erie Land Light, PA - What do you think??? #100362 09/25/05 09:12 PM
MtnHkr Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Those of you who have seen the print that JOhn posted on the Erie Land Light. What do you think of it? If you haven't seen it go the the "Harbour Lights Eclusive for CF" forum and take a look. Personally, I think it looks great!

Bert smile

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: Erie Land Light, PA - What do you think??? #100363 09/25/05 10:01 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Bert - I personally am estatic about it. It is in my home town and will be something special to me. I like how it was drawn up and I really think that once people get to see what it is going to look like, those that only bought one piece will want their second piece. We are having a steady flow of orders so those that may want another one probably should not procastrinate. It is also important that we can show Harbour Lights that we can sell out our edition size so that we have stronger ground to stand on the next time we decide to do another special exclusive.

Rich
Re: Erie Land Light, PA - What do you think??? #100364 09/26/05 09:03 AM
catzb1 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Rich,

I didn't know you were from Pennsylvania. I am from PA also. I'm from the eastern part of the state in the Pocono Mountains. It's great to have this first CF piece be from our home state where there are only 4 lighthouses to begin with!

Cathy

Re: Erie Land Light, PA - What do you think??? #100365 09/26/05 10:03 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
"When you wish upon a star..." We can all thank Rich for nominating this gem of a light. He knew Harbour Lights wasn't planning to release it as an LE, because he asked. Rich decided to nominate it and he lucked out! ELL beat out several other popular lights to be the first CF Exclusive. Soon the ELL will be in our curios or in a display area in our homes. That is quite an accomplishment. This accomplishment came with a lot of interaction amongst CF members along with a lot of hard work, and it isn't over yet.

Bearing the burden of the work now are John Chidester and Dave Hannum. They are our direct links to Harbour Lights and will bear the burden of receiving the 500 ELL's from HL, then distributing them to their new owners.

All CF members should be aware of the magnitude of this project. If you are a serious HL Collector, you already realize what an accomplishment this CF Exclusive project is. Who would ever imagine that we would have the opportunity to pick a light and have Harbour Lights release a special edition of 500 for us.

The inital drawings submitted by Harry Hines look wonderful! This project is in full gear and is showing signs of being a quick sellout. As Bill Murray once stated in Caddyshack, "It's a Cinderella story!"

I can tell by conversing with my fellow committee members that we are all hoping the ELL will be the first of many great lights to come in the future as CF Exclusives. It may be our chance to pick a light ever year or so that Harbour Lights is not considering as a future HL, and through the efforts and support of our fellow CF members, making those lesser known lights a reality as a rare 500 edition.

I know the voices of reason, John and Dave, may say we are getting a little bit ahead of ourselves. They would probably say, "Let's get through the first CF Exclusive first and worry about future lights later." Well my observations of this project is it's working, it's a reality, and soon the final product will be in the hands of those who are lucky enough to purchase one or two. The enthusiasim about the project is high! We are definitely on a roll!

smile Bob smile

Re: Erie Land Light, PA - What do you think??? #100366 09/26/05 11:20 AM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Bob,

Excellent post. I agree with everything you say 100%.

bobo

Re: Erie Land Light, PA - What do you think??? #100367 09/26/05 11:31 AM
MtnHkr Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Thanks Bob! I also agree with all you wrote. I believe that this will definitely be a sellout and will lay the groundwork for future CF EXCLUSIVES.

Bert smile

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: Erie Land Light, PA - What do you think??? #100368 09/26/05 05:41 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Bob - As always you are right on target with what you've said. I was just fortunate enough to have nominated ELL but had it not been for your original idea to do an exclusive for the Forums the ELL would never have been done. Thank you for your original idea.

Rich

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,327 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users