Quote:
I would still collect but it would be very boring. Chuck
I totally agree with you, Chuck. The CF is the best way to share your HL collecting experiences. It pumps us up for new releases and it allows us to vent when we experience contrary minded feelings. I'm the only one in my family circle who likes HL's. The CF allows me to share my enthusiasm with others.

Quote:
I would still collect, but would greatly miss the forums. Things that come to mind that would be missed tremendously because we would no longer be "connected" include variations, special connected collector events, secondary market via the Trading Post, being able to discuss HL with people on a daily basis, finding out about lighthouse preservation issues quickly etc.

Membership in a Harbour Lights Collectors club would be even more valuable than it is now, but even that would still limit you to the information available in your group. Mel B.
I agree, Mel. Communication is the key. Without communication among the members, we would never have access to all the information we need to be a true connected collector. As Sy Symms once said, "An informed consumer is our best customer."

Quote:
Harbour Lights is just a part of this forum. I get a lot of information about lighthouses and activities here that I would have to get some place else. I hope it doesn't shut down because there is a great number of knowledgable people who contribute to the success of this site and I would not like to loose them. Silverfox
You hit the nail right on the head with that statement, Silverfox. There is a wealth of information to be had here, and many a knowledgeable brain to pick. Sharing of info makes life a little easier for many.

smile Bob smile