Today, we went to get some petrol here in Corolla for the Yukon. We pulled into the main station in the centre of town, and as we pulled up to the pump, the price read $3.25 for REGULAR. Yesterday, at that same station, it was $2.65! We headed north to the station up by the lighthouse, which we thought might be cheaper because less people go there. I could also get stamps for the PCE cards.

It was a deal, at $3.02. Never thought I'd say that! It cost us $60 to fill up the Yukon. We were going to put in $20 worth, but when we saw the prices, and seeing an article on the news last night on shortages in the Eastern Carolinas, we decided to fill up.

I just picked up the house phone here. The place where we stay in Corolla, The Currituck Club, has a free trolley for guests that can take you from your house to the Club's beach access every half hour. Already this year, they cut the trolley route back, only going down the main road in the community instead of going down every side street like they used to. (Good idea, since not only does it save gas, it was a waste of time to go down the streets when nobody got on.)

The woman from the rental company said she was calling all guests staying in TCC to tell us that the trolley will be running only once an hour after 4PM today. There is NO PETROL left in ALL OF COROLLA. The trolley will run today until it runs out of fuel, and then there will be NO trolley at ALL.

We never use it, since it's a pain to just miss it and have to sit there for 1/2 hour for the next one. We just drive ourselves or bike. But there are a lot of people who take it every day, since they might be down with large groups and have a vehicle situation that forces them to take it. I'd be pretty mad if I was one of those people. Also, I wonder what will happen if it runs out of gas in the middle of the route...does everybody have to get out and push it back. confused

It's starting to really affect us here. It's the first time we ever paid over $3 for petrol, and this may be becoming the norm. Stan and Margret, we may be envying YOUR low prices soon. eek