Over the past year I've met some great people at lighthouse events and visits as well as on line.
Many of them were unaware of The Forums existence and when I asked them to log-on their impressions
were wide ranging. One told me that "he felt that
some of these lighthouse gods feel that the only good Harbour Light comes with all its original packaging and how a holier than thou attitude exist among some of the contributors who feel that someone overpaid for a particular lighthouse.

My reply- your money, your enjoyment. Read the Forum for its ability to expand your enjoyment of lighthouses and remember what they say about opinions.

Personally, I like the give and take. It gets the blood flowing. A fine example is this topic. In reading The Forum over the years, I too agree that some of us take this all to serious. Collecting is a personal thing. Whether it be string , matchbook covers or lighthouses it's for enjoyment. I don't care if I have a blue water, a green water, a box , a COA , the styrafoam insert or that MY Portland Head LE#116 only had 127 packing peanuts when some book said their should be 147. The Forum is a discussion group. Or as Martha would say, "It's a good thing."

KonaSatch