Believe me folks when I tell you this is just the beginning of the bad days ahead in the electric industry! Deregulation didn't work with the telephone, trucking or the airline industries and it won't work here either!

I have worked for Cincinnati Gas & Electric for the past 22 years. 7 of those years were in power plants. 3 of them in a nuclear plant(This plant never produced nuclear power and was converted to coal because of pressure from all sides about nuclear power).

No one wants nuclear or coal, but they still want their electric! Gas power plants cost 10 times more to produce electric than coal. I guess we need cleaner coal plants, but who's going to pay for it? I think everybody knows the answer to this! Coal is abundant in this country where gas is not.

In case you haven't noticed, most of all the electric companies in the USA are trying to take over other electric companies or merge with each other. The new motto is "Bigger is Better". This of course is going to do away with alot of the future competition. Without competition, the rates will rise. Deregulation will not make competition. It will just make a few big companies and do away with all the smaller ones in this country.

I agree with alot of the comments mentioned above in the other posts. You can't have it both ways! We need power plants to made the electricity. That's the bottom line!

[This message has been edited by Randy Kremer (edited 03-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Randy Kremer (edited 03-27-2001).]