cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The "Eagle" has landed #103753 08/24/04 01:29 PM
bonnebert Offline OP
OP Offline
Picked up my new USCG "Eagle" yesterday at my dealer's and it's beautiful. It's already on display, behind glass doors. I do wish, however, that HL would still include the glass cases. Wouldn't it be nice if we could special order them so that way people that don't want to pay the price would not have to get them, and those of us that want them would pay the price for them.

Joyce

Re: The "Eagle" has landed #103754 08/24/04 02:22 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Joyce,

I’m glad you posted about the “Eagle” – now just have to wait for mine to get to the dealer. You have made me anxious.

Your comments about the glass case are deeply appreciated. My feelings have been the same as yours for a long time. As you also probably think, why doesn’t Harbour Lights at least offer the ability to purchase the cases separately for those who want them? Could it be that they underestimated the demand and now are reluctant to admit to it? Why not just provide the name, number and email address of the provider? Many of us would be happy to order it separately on our own. Or we could order through Harbour Lights – just give us a way to accomplish our objective.

We are not all as talented as Rich. At least I know that I’m not.

Bob

Re: The "Eagle" has landed #103755 08/24/04 03:11 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
I saw one on auction on eBay. I figured the Eagle was released to the public after seeing that.

smile Bob smile

Re: The "Eagle" has landed #103756 08/24/04 09:30 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Joyce,

If you have someone handy with wood working and glass working I have posted instructions on how to make a glass case for the Eagle and any other Anchor Bay that did not come with a case. The dimensions I've listed are assuming that you will use a wooden base the same dimension as the Chesapeake, Huron or Portsmouth. I will post the glass case dimensions as soon as my Eagle comes in and I can measure it. These instruction are posted in the Anchor Bay Forum so please look and maybe you can make one yourself. I also have a source for a brass plate lookalike that I have offered to order for anyone that wants one. I also have detail listed in the Anchor Bay Forum for these plates.

Rich
Re: The "Eagle" has landed #103757 08/24/04 10:05 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Great news that the "Eagle" has landed. I will be anxiously awaiting the call that it is in and I can go and pick it up. THose of you who do get it, please let us know what you think of it here in the "Latest Models" forum. Thanks.

Bert smile

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: The "Eagle" has landed #103758 08/25/04 01:20 PM
bonnebert Offline OP
OP Offline
Rich, Robert is a handyman, and I thought I would wait for your dimensions to see if he would like to tackle making a case for the "Eagle". I did see the instructions, and will print them out and approach him to study. He likes to study projects for days before he tackles them.

Joyce

Re: The "Eagle" has landed #103759 08/25/04 09:24 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Got the call today from my dealer. The Eagle is in the mail(FEDEX). I should get it Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Rich
Re: The "Eagle" has landed #103760 08/26/04 10:35 PM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
I went and picked up my Eagle this evening. What a great piece, and lots of detail. I'm sure the magnifying glass group will enjoy going over this one. This is the only AB I have bought, and I'm glad I did. I think all who have ordered one will enjoy it!

Kind of interesting how these things ship out from San Diego. Normally my dealer is not in the first wave of folks getting their new product, but she was this time. I'm still waiting for my full size Cuckolds then piece, but the Eagle is at the leading edge of the distribution wave. Go figure.

Re: The "Eagle" has landed #103761 08/27/04 12:07 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
WOW !!!!!!. The Eagle has definately landed. This is the best ever from Anchor Bay. The only detail that I can see is wrong is while underway, whether it be a sailing ship or motorized US military vessel, the flag is flown from the mast and not on the fantail. The flag is flown from the fantail while in port. The Eagle is under sail so she is shown underway. Other then that it is one terrific model that Harbour Lights has produced. I've noticed this discrepancy on all the Anchor Bays but until you have a vessel with full sails it does not readily stand out. Anybody else catch this flaw?

Rich
Re: The "Eagle" has landed #103762 08/27/04 12:13 AM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Rich,

My Eagle has not yet arrived. But even if it had, I would never have noticed this flaw. You and the other coasties are probably the only ones who would. Nice going.

Bob

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,571 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users