Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Long Island Regional Hotel Report Card #128769 09/26/03 12:30 PM
rscroope Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Everyone who attended, reported they had a great time. Now, I'm looking for a little feedback on where you stayed.
Please post the name(s) of the hotel/b&b/motel; the town: and rate so that I'll have some info for the next crew of Long Island visitors. Take a minute for a short review.
Thanks for taking the time to respond,
Bob

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Long Island Regional Hotel Report Card #128770 09/26/03 01:38 PM
Lorie Roe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
John and I stayed at the Long Island Marriott hotel in Uniondale. The rate was $149 a night for the weekend (Thurs.-Sat. nights). It went up to $210 a night during the week. It was very close to the LI Regional event.

The hotel was very nice but we felt like we were in the "middle of nowhere". There wasn't much around unless you were attending something in the Nassau Collessium, then you could walk next door.

We stayed in Mystic, CT for 2 nights (Sun.& Mon.)then came back to LI for Tuesday night. It was a big mistake not to have a set reservation. We tried 3 hotels before we could find one that was not sold out for the night.

We finally got a room at the Islandia Hampton Inn off the I-495. The rate was $149 a night. There was nothing too special about the hotel but it did come with a free breakfast. It was a little noisy because of how close it was to the interstate but it was in a good central location.

Re: Long Island Regional Hotel Report Card #128771 09/30/03 02:13 AM
Lightseeker Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Claudia and I stayed at the Quality Hotel in Hempstead Saturday night for a rate of $89.00 per night, based on postings here on the forums. It's a big, "downtown" hotel that's past it's prime, but the room was neat and clean, and included indoor parking and a free continental breakfast (which we skipped because it was pretty basic and we had seen a DINER down the road). No restaurant, bar, gift shop, etc.

Location wasn't bad, except for the fire station across the street. The good news: there were no fires after 9:00 PM the night we stayed there. And it was reasonably close to the Regional.

Bottom line: I sure wouldn't book it as a convention hotel, but as a place to crash for a night, it was OK. And at least 1 LE cheaper than anything anyone else has reported.

Bruce

Re: Long Island Regional Hotel Report Card #128772 09/30/03 09:17 PM
Larry Offline
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hauppauge. We paid about $130 for Saturday night.

It was VERY nice and clean. It seemed to be very new. It was convienient. The continental breakfast was abundant. It was the best Holiday Inn Express we've ever stayed in (and they are our preferred accomodations). We would stay there again, despite the initial problems we had.....

We booked it through Holiday Inn corporate as a two queen/non-smoking. When I called to confirm it on Friday, they confirmed my single king/non-smoking room. When I protested, they told me that that was the way that corporate had booked it. Long story, short, they had lied to me. They had changed it. Corporate got it fixed for me. I was still mad, and my blood pressure so high, I almost cancelled the whole trip. So an important lesson, always confirm that you will be getting the correct room before you get there. Especially if you are four people and they try to give you a room with one bed. eek

Re: Long Island Regional Hotel Report Card #128773 09/30/03 10:03 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Reminds me of the time I wound up in the same room with my ex and his wife, all in the same bed....but that's another story and funny as heck! smile

Re: Long Island Regional Hotel Report Card #128774 09/30/03 11:28 PM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
Thats OK, Larry - a few years ago at Rosemont, the Hyatt informed us that they only reserved a room of some type for you. Number & type of beds was on a first come, first served basis. There were 3 of us and they gave us one bed and a midget room. We almost had one of Heather's friends with us, and that would have been a real challenge 'cause there was no way they could have fit 2 roll-aways in that sorry excuse for a room. Of course, this is the Hyatt that also pulled the furniture out from under a bunch of us on Saturday night.

On LI, Friday a number of us stayed at a little mom & pop motel on the North Fork - the Mattutuck Motel. Paid about $130 (with all the taxes). The rooms were decent; some of them were mini-suite like, with kitchenettes. Nothing fancy, but decent and the owner was seemed pretty decent.

On Saturday, several of us stayed up by LaGuardia, at the Pan American Hotel. Paid $99 plus tax. Decent rooms, free parking, even had free high speed internet in the lobby. (Don't ask what we caught Suzanne looking at on the net.) Our room was decent and clean. We had fun and lots of laughs in the hotel lobby, but as I mentioned in another post, you will have to ask us in person since this is a family forum. . . .

Dave

Re: Long Island Regional Hotel Report Card #128775 10/01/03 01:14 AM
Larry Offline
Believe it or not, HI Corporate told me that the only thing they gaurantee is smoking preference!

Re: Long Island Regional Hotel Report Card #128776 10/01/03 11:20 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I've run into the same problem several times and the answer each time has been very similar- there is no guarantee of anything except smoking or non-smoking.

They don't even guarantee you'll get a room. you on the other hand have to guarantee you'll show up or cancel by a certain time or forfiet your guarantee.

It's like many other things- you are the only part of the equation that has any responsibilities.

This policy is usually buried in the fine print somewhere.

Dennis

Re: Long Island Regional Hotel Report Card #128777 10/03/03 10:12 AM
dkhemming Offline
Kate and I stayed at the Holiday Inn at Ronkonkoma next to the Islip airport. We bthought the hotel was extremely ni8ce and nicely located. 109 corp rate a nite wqsn't bad rate for LI.

smile smile smile

Kate & Dave

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,652 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users