Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Secondary Price Guide? #142146 07/09/05 01:51 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Daniel, any chance we could see a spreadsheet that lists HLs with a range of secondary market prices from eBay?

Perhaps a high and low price and associated dates with those sales?

It might be a useful thing for those looking to buy and sell.

Perhaps limit listing to 2005 or 2004-2005 sales?

Re: Secondary Price Guide? #142147 07/11/05 08:37 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I would love to track all the pre-2004 HL but I don’t think I will ever find the time. Didn’t someone volunteer to start that last year?

The only things I have been tracking are the first 39. Even then it is the low Malaysian for lighting rods & production changes and the Canadian &California. I have been tracking the variations by number since ebay started. My plan was to lock in all the production changes from ebay, collect one of each variation and write a book about them when I retire. Something like the greenbook but just the 5500’s and would be a complete dictionary of the first 50. As I have been tracking them my wife said why don’t you put down what they sold for. So I did.

So when I stated Top Ten on Ebay most of them are the low numbered HL that I have been tracking, so I had a nice reference to follow. I do have shortcuts to the large collections that have been on ebay and they are good for 6 months. Also I constantly do a two-week ebay search on all the HL from highest to lowest. With all of that and 9 years of following the market I feel I have been able to give an accurate account of the Malaysian made on my Top Ten.

DANIEL
Re: Secondary Price Guide? #142148 07/11/05 11:50 PM
Bigbird Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Well, with my typing speed and accuracy, I'd never be able to do it, but if I could scan (and knew I could get it to someone so they can have the biggest part of the work done and then just crunch numbers...) what a dealer whom I purchased from on E-Bay sent me last year, you could get an idea of all of the numbering, release dates, variables such as stamp series numbering and OE/LE conversions, etc. and what they say they are worth (or were last year). But you guys are probably more up on this than I am, so you already know the details and the "how-to's", and I don't know what they base their current retails on...maybe their asking price from dealing with them for a while more than what they can actually get consistantly?!? Anyway, they are only up-to-date for maybe the LE's up to around HL 306 and then the AB's, SB's, LL's, ornie's, GN's and GLOW's, etc. up to around that point.

Steve

Health through education, for a much misguided nation!!
Re: Secondary Price Guide? #142149 07/18/05 01:27 PM
Bigbird Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I just saw a posting that just went up on E-Bay and it refers to the 9th Edition of Contemporary Collectible and Limited Editions Price Guide (2004); anyone familiar with this guide from Mary Sieber? It probably can't be too in depth since it involves all of the popular ones but HL is in there supposedly.

Steve

Health through education, for a much misguided nation!!
Re: Secondary Price Guide? #142150 07/18/05 03:59 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I was going to try and track all the HL sales. However, it seems to be just too big a task, and I don't have the time. Between school and the many other internet-based projects I work on, I can't find enough space to be able to go through every single HL listing on eBay every day.

It was a nice concept...

Re: Secondary Price Guide? #142151 07/18/05 11:42 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
It would be a lot of work to track all the HL.
If we could find 15 volunteers, one for each year.
Each volunteer would only have to check once a week for around 25 lighthouses. A shortcut could be set for each of the HL that was to be followed. I would be interested in doing 1997.

DANIEL
Re: Secondary Price Guide? #142152 07/18/05 11:55 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I'll take 2004 if we can get fifteen committed people together. I don't want to do any early lights - I'm not that knowledgeable, and I think they should go to someone who is.

If we can get the group together, I'll organise it and direct it happily. It's a needed resource, I'd love to help bring it to all! smile

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,854 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users